Back in May 2019, Jazz became the first network to offer eSIM in Pakistan. The technology is only provided by a handful of smartphones, and only a few networks are currently supporting it.
Before we dig deeper into the details of the Jazz eSIM, let us have a look at what an eSIM is and what advantages does it provide to the users.
What is an eSIM?
eSIM stands for electronic or embedded sim card. It is basically a chip inserted into a smartphone that enables the user to get rid of the hassle of switching from one physical sim card to another. With the help of eSIM, users can store multiple contact numbers by digitally activating their sim through the internet. This further lets the users swap between different Jazz numbers without the need to change physical sim cards.
The Jazz eSIM is compatible with the following handset devices:
- iPhone XS / XS Max / XR
- Google Pixel 3 / 3 XL
- (iOS 12.1 and above)
Note: Apple Watches not supported currently
How to register for Jazz eSIM?
- Visit your nearest Jazz Business center and register for an eSIM against your number
- Complete your biometric verification
- You will get a QR code on a voucher, which you can scan in your iPhone’s settings to get started
Jazz is also offering free of cost eSIM activation for a limited time.
Jazz eSIM activation
- Connect your smartphone to a Wi-Fi connection
- Go to Settings and select “Cellular”
- Click on “Add Cellular Plan”
- Use your smartphone camera to scan the QR code
- Within 5 minutes, your eSIM will activate